Noisy Can

Pugwash

Bit worried about the powers that be telling me I can have no Cadwell fun due to the Hindle.

No idea just how loud it is but certainly antisocial enough.

I have a home made baffle for it but have my doubts as to whether or not it actually does anything to reduce those pesky dbs.

What dodgy methods must I employ and what do I need etc to increase my chances of passing the noise test if the crap baffle doesn't do the trick.

:eusa_think:

Cheers man.

Leave that method for you dude. If you had employed that every TD you'd have saved yourself a fortune.

:thumbsup:

As for the exhaust, try repacking it as well as fitting the db-killer ?

He needs blu-tack on his front tyre, not his exhaust ;)

Nah, new front tyre. The old evil one has been fucked off.

It was all the tyres fault. Yes. :getmecoat:

Call up a couple of MOT centres and see if they have a sound meter so you can get it tested. If it won't pass with the baffle in aquire and/or refit the original.

Davy, is your can the 3-bolt fixing type? If so, the road-legal can I have on the Blade might fit. I should be woprking away from next Monday or Tuesday for 2 or 3 weeks. If the bike hasn't sold by then I can let you borrow it. I'll need it back though to sell the bike oboviously.

Another option is asking Paul if you can borow one of the many Standard Busa cans he has in his garage. Same fitment I think.

No quick fixes then?

It's looking like the black bazooka is going back on for Cadders. Fucking thing weighs more than me.

I only got the Sat before to get something sorted and wouldn't want to take anybody elses can in case I chuck it and fuck it. May be able to repack it (if I can find time/steal rivet gun) but even then may still be loud.

Really need to meter the fooker and find out for sure.

Maplin's meters ok for this?

If you need to quieten down an exhaust for a track day go to your nearest pound shop or supermarket and buy a pack of steel wool pan scourers. They come in a pack of 4-5 and are donut shaped. Stuff them into the can and they knock a good few decibels off and as they expand a bit they don't blow out (at least not straight away).If you have a DB killer in that will keep them in place.

I've used it as a dirty fix several times on singles and V-twins with race cans.....they provide just enough extra baffling and can also be hooked out with a screwdriver afterwards. Don't effect power that much either although it does depend on how many you put in....

If you need to quieten down an exhaust for a track day go to your nearest pound shop or supermarket and buy a pack of steel wool pan scourers. They come in a pack of 4-5 and are donut shaped. Stuff them into the can and they knock a good few decibels off and as they expand a bit they don't blow out (at least not straight away).If you have a DB killer in that will keep them in place.

I've used it as a dirty fix several times on singles and V-twins with race cans.....they provide just enough extra baffling and can also be hooked out with a screwdriver afterwards. Don't effect power that much either although it does depend on how many you put in....

Winner!

Dave, when's your ETA ? I'll get the place tidy for ya, in fact, roll us a phat one and I'll take a shit in your exhaust, that should sort it thumbsup.gif

Dave, when's your ETA ? I'll get the place tidy for ya, in fact, roll us a phat one and I'll take a shit in your exhaust, that should sort it thumbsup.gif

Probably too much other stuff jammed in the can for you to crap in it but ta for the offer.

Be down about 6 ish I reckon. Catch u for a chat mate.

I read a similar thing in belle de jour when she had her Jammy peece week! Yea I read belle de jour.....I'm in touch with my feminine side or somethin! :lol:

Worked a treat!

Jammed 4 of the scoury things down the pipe and stuck the baffle in.

97db. Nearly demanded a retest!

Baffle out and rev the tits of it and they fly out in a satifying comedy manner. Didn't trip the trackside all day.

Win!

Archived