Indicators(flasher Unit)

DAMO666

Nearly finished rebuild on my KR1S and was going through it before the MOT. The only thing not working are the indicators, i bypassed the flasher unit and they light as they should on both sides as per the switch position but obviously stay on. I convinced myself it was a duff flasher unit and got another secondhand one but that is the same. I can here the relay part of the flasher unit clicking on both units. Have i got 2 duff units or is it something else?

Nearly finished rebuild on my KR1S and was going through it before the MOT. The only thing not working are the indicators, i bypassed the flasher unit and they light as they should on both sides as per the switch position but obviously stay on. I convinced myself it was a duff flasher unit and got another secondhand one but that is the same. I can here the relay part of the flasher unit clicking on both units. Have i got 2 duff units or is it something else?

If the relay is making a ticking noise then it should be ok. A test with a multimeter would show this.

Are all the indicator bulbs the same wattage?

Is you battery Fully charged?

You are getting power to the relay.So check the earth wires.You might still have a duff flasher unit though.Or dare i say the wrong one.Also make sure you have the wires round the correct way as well. :thumbsup:

The battery is fully charged and nothing has changed bulb wise since the rebuild, and they were working fine before. Would the fact that the bulbs light when the unit is by-passed prove the earth is ok? The second relay is from the same bike so is the correct one and there are only 2 terminals so can't be connected incorrectly. As well as the relay there is a capacitor within the unit, i am wondering if this has blown on both units?

The battery is fully charged and nothing has changed bulb wise since the rebuild, and they were working fine before. Would the fact that the bulbs light when the unit is by-passed prove the earth is ok? The second relay is from the same bike so is the correct one and there are only 2 terminals so can't be connected incorrectly. As well as the relay there is a capacitor within the unit, i am wondering if this has blown on both units?

MMM i would say its the relay myself mate. If the indicators are lighting up but staying on (not flashing) then its your relay. It could be clicking but not allowing the power to go on and off to turn indicator on and off IYSWIM.

As i said you can test it if you had a multimeter to see if the current is passing through the relay. :thumbsup:

I think with this particular unit the capacitor completes the function of a bi-metalic strip and energises and discharges to give the on/off circuit required to make the lamps flash

Check that the indicator lamps are the correct wattage or that you haven't got a short in the indicator switch or loom which is giving a parallel feed to the lamps...

Already asked that. And its not those. :thumbsup:

I will stay with naffed relay. :beerchug:

Archived