Judder From Front Of Bike When Braking

R1GUY

Hi All,

When braking i am getting quite a bad judder from the front of teh bike, to the point that it's shaking the clocks all over the place.. am thinking it could be one of the below:

1.WORN HEAD BEARINGS

2.WARPED DISC'S

3.WHEEL OUT OF BALANCE

any idea's which or any idea's of anything else it could be?

thanks

Most likely to be discs, least likely to be wheel balance

HTH

Worth whipping the discs off and freeing up the disc buttons if they don't move - see what it's like after that

Think you have all the likely culprits covered.

As above check discs, pads and everything is tight. Get front of bike in the air get a mate to pull the bike onto the side stand and check for play in the steering. If loose you could just nip them up or do a proper job and strip clean and re-grease.

What bike?

I had this on my gsxr1000, discs appeared fine but would kidder like they were warped, I was cleaning the bobbins between trackday sessions and they would get a little better, then back to the judder. Turns out army gsxr1000 k3 discs were iffy, a change to brembO made a big difference...

get the front up on a headstock stand and run the wheel and check it for rubbing on the disc or discs, deffo reads to me as a warpped disc

hi chaps,

have just swapped the disc's to a second hand set that i had in the garage will take it for a spin in the morning and see if tehre is any diffrence, if no diffrence will check the head bearings.

its running gsxr tokio calipers... dunno if this has made a diffrence or not...

will see what tomorrow brings.

thanks for the replies lads.

Archived