Tank Bolt

Devon

What do you guys reccomend for securing my tank to my bike, I wouldnt mind getting something made up, so its quick release but I didnt really want to to just use a nut and bolt

Tank2.jpg

Tank1.jpg

I remember seeing something like what I wanted on an endurance bike build on here a few years back I think it was an SRAD. I like the idea of the steel bar with an R clip on one end and a block on the other to pull it out, Now to find someone with a lathe that can do it for me.

yeah just make a bolt type thing. But have no thread on it. Then drill hole and add a "R" clip to it.

Then its a case of take out "R" clip, push bolt thorough a bit and pull it out. The bolt or square,circle bit you have on the end will enable you to get hold of the bolt and extract it.

where do you get one of those?

I'd love to have one on the rear mount of the R1, but it would have to be longer and [probably] thinner than the one pictured above.

it would save at least ooooh 5 seconds it takes to undo the standard bolt.

i love QR stuff

p1010072vf8.jpg

So who can make one of these for me? I have the measurements, the bit that goes through the lugs is 5mm thick and 60mm long, this excludes the end bits like enough space for the r clip and the fancy bit on the other end

Did this the other day on the CBR - I used the nurled end off an old die wrench - hollowed it out, tapped a thread in there and popped in a grub screw. Bought the ally bar from B&Q... Large R clip, lockwire and heatshrink and job done!

e23922e9.jpg

80a9bba2.jpg

Oh and please ignore the rough ends of the nylon overbraid on the wiring loom, cable ties are now gone and replaced with proper cloth loom tape, much, much tidier...

the bit that goes through the lugs is 5mm thick and 60mm long

Should that be 6mm x 60mm mate? The bolt on mine is an M6.

You could drill one end and fit a small diameter key-ring ring to pull it out with, then an R-clip on the other end.

Should that be 6mm x 60mm mate? The bolt on mine is an M6.

You could drill one end and fit a small diameter key-ring ring to pull it out with, then an R-clip on the other end.

oops after a recheck it is 6mm :/ that sounds a good idea, I will re-email her the right measurements.

Archived