Proper Fucking Retard

Stewbie

Guys please can you offer some help. I've been a proper fucking retard and connected my battery the wrong way round. Only for a few seconds like because as soon as I realised I disconnected it. I connected it right then it wouldn't even spin up the starter, have I really broken my bike?

How do I test it?

Well, there were two there. I've checked one and it looked okay. The other one didn't seem to come out. I've come home now though cause I didn't want to really fuck my bike.

So it shouldn't have like broken the CDI or anything like that?

When I pressed the starter there was nothing at all. It wasn't making a sound. Like the kill switch was off. Which it wasn't.

I put a multimeter accross the battery and it showed 13v so that's okay.

So it shouldn't have like broken the CDI or anything like that?

When I pressed the starter there was nothing at all. It wasn't making a sound. Like the kill switch was off. Which it wasn't.

I put a multimeter accross the battery and it showed 13v so that's okay.

i'd check the fuse that didn't want to come out

Did exactly the same thing a few weeks ago when I put the battery back in my SRAD project.

I couldnt work out for the life of me why none of the lights came on when I turned the key, checked the fuse which was blown. Gabbed (last) spare stuck it in blew that too.

Next day went and got more fuses, and blew a couple of them before I realised what a twunt I had been.

But it has run briefly and badly once since, though I put that down to the fact it hasnt run for about eighteen months !!

fuses are there so we dont cock everything up, did you have ignition lights when you turned it on? if theres no lights theres no power.

I don't have any lights. The bike's in bits. It has no clocks or anything so I couldn't check the light situation. If i assume no lights came on, and there is therefore no power, it's a fuse, right?

Fucking phew! I was properly shitting myself that I'd turned my bike into a worthless pile of rubbish! Yet another silly question, where would I get more fuses?

Fucking phew! I was properly shitting myself that I'd turned my bike into a worthless pile of rubbish! Yet another silly question, where would I get more fuses?

Halfords or a motor factors.

no smoke coming from the starter or burning smells?.. then i would say a fuse has blown.

Nope, none of that.

Great, I'm really happy about that then!

Sweet, i'll get some fuses tomorrow and have a look.

Thanks a lot guys

Nice one Stewbie :eusa_whistle:

Right proper progess update with pictures and everything then all will be well.

muppet.

I deserve that! I expected much worse I'll be honest.

Thom, I'll start a build thread at some point. Not a massive amount of progress so far. But I should have some new carbs tomorrow, and a rear light. And a quickshifter some time this week. When I've got some more bits I'll get a thread started. I'll text you a picture of what I've got so far.

Nah mate, just another set of standard ones. But without restrictors and probably in better condition than mine.

Would love some FCR's but it's maybe a bit far!

Sweet, I'll send you a picture in a minute

Should've been easy enough to remove the restrictors? Thought you had it full power for a while before cnuting it? Oh and honestly buy some crash bungs. The Fazer would have been far worse if it wasn't for the ones i fitted the day before i took the piss on a roundabout.

Yeah it would have been, but I should be able to sell my carbs for more than I bought these for. I also thought I needed new carbs, but turns out I didn't. Nope, it was restricted when it went wrong. I'm thinking about it, but not 100% yet.

The fuse that came out easily is probably the spare that's just say in a rubber pod thing, saved especially for these occasions. If you had a manual it's all be quite clear, I'm sure.

Nah mate, just another set of standard ones. But without restrictors and probably in better condition than mine.

Would love some FCR's but it's maybe a bit far!

Sweet, I'll send you a picture in a minute

Isnt it just washers behind the carbs that you remove to free up the bhp?.

Isnt it just washers behind the carbs that you remove to free up the bhp?.

Nope, that's what I thought, but I have a different kit and they didn't give me the other bits I need to derestrict it.

you blew up the battery :eusa_think::pbheroub2: . your very funny :bdaysmile:

You're a cunt. Hope you enjoyed it!

On another note, cheers for all your help. I'll have a look tonight.

feels good when you get out the other side all in one piece, ya?

My pal Ray's 1973 honda xl175 that we got back from the dead, was being a bit mysterious electrically. Just seeing lights come on was total victory.

congrats. pics.

feels good when you get out the other side all in one piece, ya?

My pal Ray's 1973 honda xl175 that we got back from the dead, was being a bit mysterious electrically. Just seeing lights come on was total victory.

congrats. pics.

Definitely, I was really worried that I'd done something bad. Got a bit like 'oh shit' so wasn't thinking properly really.

Pics? My bike's in a right state at the moment, it has next to no bodywork on it. I'll get some up when there's something to show!

Archived