No budget cup zx7r.

budda

Hi Guys.

Well Iv'e nicked the (supposedly the wifes zx7r) for the no budget cup in europe, after reading about the runt and a bit of egging on from Andypath.

Myself, Dizzyr1 and Yamatastic all members on here are gonna have a crack at a round.

What advice for cheap effective mods regarding weight loss (the bike I mean, I already know about me) and performance have you guys got for me?

Ive raised the rear end and fitted a zx10r shock, Iv'e also sorted the brakes.

Cheers in advance fellas as I know a lot of us had 7r's in the past...........Budda!

Also scrounge mode on, if anyone has any old bits lying around not being used drop me a pm and we'll have a chat.

get the hacksaw out matey..

most of the rear subframe can go.

change the headlight bracket for a lightweight one,

leightweight wheels

but then we are going past the no budget bit

which round are you thinking of doing?

me and Andy have not even decided which bike we will use yet..lol or even if I will be able to ride one :icon_blackeye:

me and Andy have not even decided which bike we will use yet..lol or even if I will be able to ride one :icon_blackeye:

Behave.

We have the technology and enough Ketamine that you'll be good to go; and if not, we shall pull The Baron out of retirement...

-John

ZX7R's are heavy old beasts, and the weight is all carried, err, everywhere.

Exhaust system weighs a ton and is restrictive.

Headlight assembly is one huge lump of glass and can go.

Dumping things like the generator and starter motor sheds kg's if you want to get surgical?

Most of the brackets are beaten out of pig iron by Trolls and could probably be replaced by cable ties!

Behave.

We have the technology and enough Ketamine that you'll be good to go; and if not, we shall pull The Baron out of retirement...

-John

:eusa_whistle: or pocheen :shock:

Noot even tried to throw my leg over the r1 in the garage ..sad really :(

Have been havin a bit of banter on redmonkey and some good tips too.

Hi Bren hope yer healin up ok, don't know wot round yet and its all in the idea's stage the zx7r is in the frame cos it is already there so won't cost anything.

I don't think the dates are out yet either.

Wer'e only doing it for a laugh really, or so I thought Dan's now on about full systems and zx6r wheels and all sorts of other stuff. :P

Have been havin a bit of banter on redmonkey and some good tips too.

Hi Bren hope yer healin up ok, don't know wot round yet and its all in the idea's stage the zx7r is in the frame cos it is already there so won't cost anything.

I don't think the dates are out yet either.

Wer'e only doing it for a laugh really, or so I thought Dan's now on about full systems and zx6r wheels and all sorts of other stuff. :P

lol thats how it always starts out..

should be a laugh.. I meant you planning on a zoldeor des ecuyres round.. bike will need to be totally different :mad:

Healing ok.. right leg is 2cm shorter than left. so good at walking round in circles.. still to and from hospitals, no decision yet on the hip replacement.. but if they wait much longer, i will put it off til after next season

Wot do you mean by totally different.....................Perhaps I should read the rules.

I SEE YOU LURKING THERE WINSTANLEY!

Thats shit about yer leg still at least you can walk, could have been worse eh.

Anyway I'm the ideas guy Dan will sort the details and Phil will just turn up and do something silly..........Mint eh!

Anyway I'm the ideas guy Dan will sort the details and Phil will just turn up and do something silly..........Mint eh!

Sounds like a match made in heaven that............................................ :P

There won't be any trouble there at all :mad:

Your walking round in circles bren cos the chair is stuck to your ass and the swivel legs are spinning ya round ;)

Glad to hear your getting better though mate...no doubt in time to prang urself for the annual jaunt in september when your always crocked when we turn up :rolleyes: Oh and Kev has cut his losses with the 9r and scrapped it, cheapest easiest option it worked out at

HI folks....... its been a while! however iv'e not changed!

since when did i the ability to sort out details?

Zx7r's sure are heavy, but are chaeper to diet than a tesco's super plump shopper on a trolley dash mission to desert fridges!

cable ties are the tuning mod for the skint pro, and sure will come in handy, cant remember if the subfame is a two part job, but to be fair a second hand one cut to suit would save the original, i have some clock brackets somewhere! was trying to scab some stuff off Hawk kawasaki but fell at the first hurdle! zxr 750 full systems fit the 7 so if anyone has one ( on knees begging will be payment, mouth remains shut though!)

Rob has bet me £20 i cant last a month off the beer! this has nowt to do with my health or weight ( kate moss's shoes wheigh more then me ) its due to the fact that every other weekend he's at ours drip feeding off carlsberg in his sleep and forced fed through the day!!!!!! and he needs a break, bless.

So andy and bren are up for this no budget (no brains) racing eh! that £20 i lost on the drinking bet can easily be won back, lets see both can destroy bikes before breakfast! have used gums for brakes on several occasions....... all they need to recreate a scene from blackadder goes forth is martin!!!!!!!! and i hear he's in the mess too!

only kidding folks........ meet up would be mint!

glad to hear you doing well bren......

Your walking round in circles bren cos the chair is stuck to your ass and the swivel legs are spinning ya round ;)

Glad to hear your getting better though mate...no doubt in time to prang urself for the annual jaunt in september when your always crocked when we turn up :huh: Oh and Kev has cut his losses with the 9r and scrapped it, cheapest easiest option it worked out at

Isn´t that what I said ref the Bike... at least he can sell most of the bits to make some cash back..

Cheeky fecker ref the chair.. am back to walking the dog 2 miles a day.. feckin kills me mind you :D:o

So andy and bren are up for this no budget (no brains) racing eh! that £20 i lost on the drinking bet can easily be won back, lets see both can destroy bikes before breakfast! have used gums for brakes on several occasions....... all they need to recreate a scene from blackadder goes forth is martin!!!!!!!! and i hear he's in the mess too!

Your on.. which days breakfast..

we are equal at the minute on bike breakages in the last 2years.. both crashed 2 both had 1 major mechanical :huh:

But I am definitely winning on the screws and pins front..lol

Think Andy is here for New year.. so we can talk about it more.. Doc John needs convincing to join us too.. :o

I know what we're not using!!! No 7/11's, which is going to get sold asap, or after Dizzies painted it, whichever comes first.... I've found a mint* 95 blade, thus by appropriate use of democratic avoidance... this is what we're using. Cos it's going to be cheap cheap and has docs.

*mint = er well it was once. Its now under a bench it several boxes. But its cheap cheap. I likes cheap.

Read the rules you useless feckers, sheeshkebab :tacheemoticonwh7::angry: - Zolder has noise limits which basically mean road legal - and the regs say it must start under its own power, so you can't ditch the s/motor.

Read the rules you useless feckers, sheeshkebab :pbtwerplr3::pb2: - Zolder has noise limits which basically mean road legal - and the regs say it must start under its own power, so you can't ditch the s/motor.

Rules schmules, we'll just turn up and get told off just like normal.

Hope a decibel killer will do, as the 7r exhaust weighs a ton, do you know of any bits off nice people we can scrounge!

I know what we're not using!!! No 7/11's, which is going to get sold asap, or after Dizzies painted it, whichever comes first.... I've found a mint* 95 blade, thus by appropriate use of democratic avoidance... this is what we're using. Cos it's going to be cheap cheap and has docs.

*mint = er well it was once. Its now under a bench it several boxes. But its cheap cheap. I likes cheap.

Read the rules you useless feckers, sheeshkebab ;):pbtwerplr3: - Zolder has noise limits which basically mean road legal - and the regs say it must start under its own power, so you can't ditch the s/motor.

lol...... ha ha.......... bloody awsome, this is one blade i cant wait to see!!!! now doc must give you guys something to prevent a spread of TURNING'IT'INTO'AN'R1'ITIS, ive seen brens garage and shed, enough said!

have you not learn't anything yet about cheap&easy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tumbleweed:

i now have a yellow belt in zx7r and learning much fasto fasto....even read the rules....!

hope the doc would go, considering who is potentially going it could be a wise move ( more a case of who's building whats going!!! ) :icon_salut:

looks like it could be a top meeting, with the emphasis more on the shits and giggles! oh ive just had an ace idea!!!! :icon_blackeye:

lol...... ha ha.......... bloody awsome, this is one blade i cant wait to see!!!! now doc must give you guys something to prevent a spread of TURNING'IT'INTO'AN'R1'ITIS, ive seen brens garage and shed, enough said!

have you not learn't anything yet about cheap&easy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tumbleweed:

i now have a yellow belt in zx7r and learning much fasto fasto....even read the rules....!

hope the doc would go, considering who is potentially going it could be a wise move ( more a case of who's building whats going!!! ) :tacheemoticonwh7:

looks like it could be a top meeting, with the emphasis more on the shits and giggles! oh ive just had an ace idea!!!! :icon_blackeye:

Not sure any R1 bitswill fit an old blade.. (they are made too well :eusa_whistle::lol: )

Andy was born cheap.. and after a few beers he is definitely easy.. :lol:

But we will take your 20 quid.. and double it for finishing higher up the order :wink:

Doc get on board you gayer :P:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Tears are sure to follow......many of laughter, some of pain :tumbleweed:

And no you cant nick bits off my 7r as I use it :eusa_think:

Hi Strappy, I could use em mate as the air cleaning system is coming off the old girl my last 7r had them removed with no problems, I was gonna just make some up at work.

As for opening up the frame thats going a little far I think as this bike will be going back on the road after, assuming its not dead, which if it is then so will I.

Cheers Budda.

P.S. Andy or Bren do I need lights?

Hi Strappy, I could use em mate as the air cleaning system is coming off the old girl my last 7r had them removed with no problems, I was gonna just make some up at work.

As for opening up the frame thats going a little far I think as this bike will be going back on the road after, assuming its not dead, which if it is then so will I.

Cheers Budda.

P.S. Andy or Bren do I need lights?

nope

Archived