Small engineering jobs

B@W

Is there anybody on the board who can do a small engineering job for a few beer tokens?

I need four alloy spacers, approx 12mm dia, 5mm thick with an 8mm hole, machined from alloy

Cheers, Mark

Where abouts are you?

I have a lathe and mill at home as well as at work.

I'm in Manchester, but if this is something you could take care of and send in the mail I would be very grateful

Mark

'ello mate . i'm in work now (cnc engineer) saw your thread ,was'nt sure if stephen was going to sort you out so i've made them (only a 5 minute job) I'm here 'till 5 so if you let me know where you want them sent . i'll post them on my way home ?

Wow, cheers Jago

I feel like a tw@t now as I was working this morning when I put the original post up. I need to check the exact dims, but if you send me a private mail with your address I'll send some money in the post recorded delivery on Monday

Once again, Stephen and Jago, thanks for the response

Mark

i don't want anything for them mate , check your sizes and if the parts i've made are no good i'll knock you up some more on monday , not a problem ! the parts i,ve made are exactly 12mm o/d , 8mm i/d and 4.9mm wide ?

i don't want anything for them mate , check your sizes and if the parts i've made are no good i'll knock you up some more on monday , not a problem ! the parts i,ve made are exactly 12mm o/d , 8mm i/d and 4.9mm wide ?

Hi Jago

I've checked the sizes: they need to be 20mm OD, 5mm thick to take an M8 bolt though the centre so I was a bit off there!!

I've sent you a private message with my address and I'll feel better if you do the same as I insist on buying you a drink for sorting me out

Mark

I'll make the new spacers for you tomorrow and put them in the post but i really don't want anything for them it is xmas after all ! Jobs like this are easy for me , but i can appreciate how it might be difficult for someone like yoursef who's not in the trade to source none standard parts like these .Just glad to help !

Hi Jago

I've checked the sizes: they need to be 20mm OD, 5mm thick to take an M8 bolt though the centre so I was a bit off there!!

I've sent you a private message with my address and I'll feel better if you do the same as I insist on buying you a drink for sorting me out

Mark

Sorry Jago, 18mm OD!!!!

What is it they say about measuring twice and cutting once

Archived