Petrol Leak

badcherrys

Hello everyone. I've got petrol seeping from the Milles petrol tank. It's seeping from the the plate that the tank brace is attached to. So what can I do? Can I weld it? Use some chemical metal? Or do I need another tank? Pics to follow........

Mate

What year is it? Early 98 to 00 RSV tanks are metal, RSV-R from the same period and all 01 on models are plastic.

Plastic ones are known to warp across the fuel pump mounting plates and can be made worse bu hamfisted tightening of pump mounting bolts - ask me how I know ;-(

I have a spare 98 - 00 metal tank here looking for a new home. Good condition and in red.

HTH

Jon

Hi Jon. Yes it an 99 one. Metal tank. I might have to take you up on the offer. I was just wondering if it could be welded?

It probably could be welded depending on how bad the metal is in that area, might end up with a big old patch welded on.

It probably could be welded depending on how bad the metal is in that area, might end up with a big old patch welded on.

THIS.^^ +1

I would also get the tank pressure tested to make sure its not still leaking. :icon_salut:

Hi Jon. Yes it an 99 one. Metal tank. I might have to take you up on the offer. I was just wondering if it could be welded?

PM Sent

Archived