Fi Fault Light - Suzuki B-king.

2quick2care

My FI light has been coming on the odd time and to-day I was able to do the paper clip trick on the dealer connector and Fault C41 was displayed.

As far as I can see C41 indicates a fault with the Fuel pump control system, but the bike starts and runs 100%

Most times the light will be on from start up and less often it comes on while riding, but it doesnt hiccup or do anything that would look like fuel supply problems.

I recently got a Power Commander fitted, could this have any effect on the fuel pump on start up cycle causing this fault to be indicated??

Any other ideas what it could be??

basically, just get the plug that goes to the fuel pump and unplug-plug it in a few times, to give it a quick clean. i suspect the ecu is reading some resistance in the loop that shouldnt be there caused by a poor connection. doubt you even need to remove the thank to get at it, tho im not au fait with the tank on a bking.

Auto focus on my thumb lol!

Think its been a combo of moisture and the rectifier over charging. The rectifier was replaced after last year before Suzuki grew a set and admitted a major fault with them.

I was able to solider part of a spade connector to the loom side and to recreate the broken pin and it has rectified the fault. This will do temporary until I can get advice on a repair or replacement unit.

Archived