zxr400h engine swap

Nwalsh

Does anyone know if a zx9r engine will fit a zxr400H... Obviously there's the usually stuff to be moved/fitted but will it basically line up?

If not, will the zxr750 or zx6r??

Just something that might be happening,

Thanks lads

various 6R engines including the 636 have been put in, although it does involve a lot of welding of the frame.

Never heard of anyone putting the 7R or 9R lump in. I'd be amazed if they fitted.

The original fireblade motor has been put into an L model frame.

personally I'd big bore the 400 motor out to 444cc. Extra power, without adding the extra weight of the bigger engine and faffing around with the frame.

Hmm.... Yeh the thing sounds like it did a bigend on me the other night. Its only a bike i have to trade so dont wanna throw a fortune at it as it stands me enough already.

Ive been told the zzr600 engine goes straight in so might throw that in and sell her on.

Up until the point where the bars hit your knees whenever you try and do a U-turn! The L's look sweet though...

dscf0002aex4.jpg

w1150.png

Mmmm I'd love the L model with a 9R engine in it...

Up until the point where the bars hit your knees whenever you try and do a U-turn! The L's look sweet though...

dscf0002aex4.jpg

w1150.png

Yuck! You appear to have confused the colour of your car & bike. A green...what is it?

Shhh... I don't want to make anyone jealous. Some people have garden gnomes and I had that...... Isn't it just the sort of thing that makes you proud to be British? ;-) Ha!

Yuck! You appear to have confused the colour of your car & bike. A green...what is it?

Archived