Recommend Me...

TheGoat

...some goo to fix cracked fairing.

It's a crack in the front of the nose cone on the R1. literally in the middle, from the upside down point in the "V" that the screen makes, its a big bastard crack.

Also stuff that could form a bond strong enough to fix the lugs/fixing points on the headlight.

Fanks.

Araldite

Used it to fix a broken plastic lug back onto the back of a set of clocks once and it was fine. Takes a while to dry properly (about 12 hours i think) but properly solid once it's cured. I also used it to fix an indicator back on that had snapped clean off - stayed glued on for over a year until i got rid of the bike.

What do repair shops use when they're filling or reconstructing parts? Its some kind of fibreglass putty crap but i'm not sure what its called.

get some fiberglass mat and some 2 part epoxy (araldite will do). After you've tacked the crack together build up a couple of layers of mat that reach a cm or 2 each side of the crack and stipple the epoxy into the mat to stick it to the fairing. Don't put it on too thick and make sure you get your resin / catalyst mix right for good strength.

It's the same shit that's used to make surfboards, used to use it a lot when I was a kid.

here's a chick who says 'nice and sticky':

+2 for plastex, did my fairing, use a dremel drill to gouge a V shape out behind the fairing, fill with powdered plastic, add catalyst and then voila, leave to set - then sand to hearts content, good stuff

Archived