4xv Forks

Adam

The forks on the R1 are due a service. Is there much that can be done to improve them short of fitting cartridge kits and what not?

Yup, get some ktech valves, compression adjusters and some springs. Night and day difference

maxton say that as standard the springs are a bit soft and the forks don't have enough rebound. thats all i know. i am gonna try changing the oil and putting in 15w.

I had mine revalved by MCTechnics (I'd already changed the springs)

Totally transformed them. They are firmer, and plusher at the same time.

One of the best mods I've done to mine.

You can muck about trying different weight oils etc but I don't think you'll ever get the same results as getting them revalved.

I had mine revalved by MCTechnics (I'd already changed the springs)

Totally transformed them. They are firmer, and plusher at the same time.

One of the best mods I've done to mine.

You can muck about trying different weight oils etc but I don't think you'll ever get the same results as getting them revalved.

I am listening monkey. Gonna put some cash away for a couple o months and get that revalve! :eusa_dance:

I had mine done at Ktech, new valves, heavier 9Nm springs and seals. They are a world apart, suit my weight better (13.5 stone) and the movement is so much plusher as stated before.

Definatly worth a look combined with a better rear shock my bike feels brillaint.

Archived