Kawasaki 07 Zx10 Exhaust Valve Pulley

pikeygit

Hi

I have an 2007 ZX10R, the pulley on the exhaust valve is badly corroded and fouls the cables causing the FI light to come on. phoned my local Kwak dealer and ching ching, £800 + the dreaded, because kawasaki don't list the pully as a seperate part and I need to buy the whole 'Y' Piece, well you can probably guess my response. I was a little annoyed to say the least so I wrote a complaint to Kawasaki Japan to make myself feel better, explaining how crap their dealers are because they won't raise an issue relating to the supply of some component parts, and that I won't be buying another Kwak.

Anyway anyboby know where I can source this tuppeny bit part, before I resort to having to making my own.

Mr Pikey Git, meet Mr Akropovic. Mr Akropovic, Pikey Git.

:icon_blackeye:

Akra used to do a small 'buffer' that fixes onto the pulleys servo to trick the pulley into thinking the cables are attached when a full systems been fitted.used to be available separately for under £30 I think.The valve is left sprung fully open I think?worth a try!!Be carefully undoing the pulley servo wheel as the cogs inside are plastic and break easily-ie hold the wheel securely when removing centrebolt

Archived