How Do You Secure A Rear Light Cluster....

Bernster

Road Stock class rules dictate a stock, original tail light must be used but I want to run my race tail unit so need a way of mounting the original R1 lug mounted light cluster in the race tail unit.

I could just bodge it in with silicon or similar but was wondering if there was a specific resin I should be using to glue some threaded seats in place to bolt it to instead. Also would make removal and fitting to new tail piece when/should I smash the current one to pieces in an off.

I used some self tappers on my tail piece after cutting some ever so tight holes for the light to fit through. It was OK and the lights never fell out!

This was for Roadstocks @ EMRA too .. The only thing I was ever asked to sort was the rear brake line run as it was close to the tyre - the nose cone was scabby, the horn worked off a random push button..

Cool bike!

I used some self tappers on my tail piece after cutting some ever so tight holes for the light to fit through. It was OK and the lights never fell out!

This was for Roadstocks @ EMRA too .. The only thing I was ever asked to sort was the rear brake line run as it was close to the tyre - the nose cone was scabby, the horn worked off a random push button..

Cool bike!

Cheers, they're a bit keen on things looking stock now and for next year the original light has to be retained so I'm trying to get it all to fit inside the under tray as per original which is a right royal pain. :eusa_think:

Archived