Disposal Of Contaminated Fuel

szrdave

I've got a large jerry can half full of a water/petrol mix that I took out of the SZR tank a while ago after the tank cap started leaking.

Some proper petrol in the can would be really useful, as I don't think one tankful will be enough to last a full track day on the Falco. So I need to empty it before Thursday in preparation for Anglesey ( :tacheemoticonwh7: )

The local tip won't take it, and I've seen nothing useful on the council website. I live in a shared house in a built up area so can't really have a big but short-lived bonfire.

Any suggestions on a responsible way to get rid?

Take it to any decent garage/workshop. They need to have-by law- a drum for disposal of contaminated fuels. You may have to slip one of them a licked finger/fiver, but they should help you out.

If its just water and fuel mixed then can you not let the contents settle and draw off the fuel? The water is denser and will settle to the bottom.

as above, i would be tempted to put it into a clear can and then you would be able to see whats what, could use coke bottles so long as you dont leave it in them too long.

I'd try and find somewhere to keep it simply because it makes pretty good degreaser.

I'd try and find somewhere to keep it simply because it makes pretty good degreaser.

Me too .... or degrease as much of the bike (not the chain) as possible.

I have to say I needed to dump some fuel once. I can't tell you how dangerous it is to just pour it into a council estate flower bed.

It does but diesil is better,its far less volatile and less likely to turn you into a human torch if theres an accidental spark.

Archived