Zx10 Fueling Problem

Cambo6

Hi Guys

I've got a bit of a problem with my ZX10r 04 and being a bit of a novice mechanic would like to seek some advice before 1) having a go at it myself and making a mess of it or 2) taking it to the garage.

So...

Last weekend I went to take my bike out for the 1st time in a few days. As soon as I started it up I noticed it sounded muffled. The connector to the exhaust butterflies also made an unusual squeaking noise at start up which I presumed was the problem. After some liberal oiling I discovered it wasn't. I took the exhaust off checked the butterflies and they were fine. I also checked all the throttle cables and they too are fine.

Now the problem is that at anything under 6000rpm the bike feels really laboured and unresponsive. There is a delay between opening the throttle and accelerating. At around 5000rpm the power is really juddery. Get it over 8000 though and it's almost the same as it was before. It seems like the fuelling is all wrong or something is being blocked but I'm not sure what.

I have fitted a powercommmander and had it dynoed and it's been fine for the last 2 months. It still seems to be working fine now too.

Any help / ideas will be gratefully received.

Cheers

Ed

Is the servo for the exhaust valve timed correctly?

Sounds like it's not opening at the right time.

Unplug the power commander and try the bike again before you do anything else.

PC3's are renowned for wiring breakages etc causing problems.

HTH

Archived