Brake Caliper Paint

BUSABOY

Can anyone recomend a matt black paint for painting calipers. Is hamerite high temperature paint any good? Cheers.

Can anyone recomend a matt black paint for painting calipers. Is hamerite high temperature paint any good? Cheers.

I painted mine with High temp paint and then put lacquer over them.The high temp paint is a matt finish. I have my rear caliper in the matt stage atm.. i will grab a photo to show you what it look like.

brb

Ok back

here you go this is just the high temp paint.

rearcaliper003.jpgrearcaliper002.jpg

To be honest IMO Hammerite would be ok. I am led to believe that calipers from the factory are not painted with anything special.I'm sure it is normal paint. As long as you do the prep work to the caliper i cannot see any problems.

I painted mine with High temp paint and then put lacquer over them.The high temp paint is a matt finish. I have my rear caliper in the matt stage atm.. i will grab a photo to show you what it look like.

brb

Ok back

here you go this is just the high temp paint.

rearcaliper003.jpgrearcaliper002.jpg

To be honest IMO Hammerite would be ok. I am led to believe that calipers from the factory are not painted with anything special.I'm sure it is normal paint. As long as you do the prep work to the caliper i cannot see any problems.

Thanks for the photo's, I might go with the high temp Hammerite, the paint you have used is more charcoal than a deep black, I would want to try something with a darker pigment. A lacquer would give them a darker final finish? Regards

Thanks for the photo's, I might go with the high temp Hammerite, the paint you have used is more charcoal than a deep black, I would want to try something with a darker pigment. A lacquer would give them a darker final finish? Regards

No probs mate. Hammerite should be fine. I only used this paint as its HTP ,but i will be putting lacquer over it so it dont matter.

PJ1 engine enamel ???

Comes in matt, satin and gloss, it's easy to use. I did a radiator in it with a light gloss over a full matt coat to give a this effect

Cooling01.jpg

What ever you use you'd probably need to cure it.

Paint the caliper and let it dry then hang it in an oven from cold, use a low heat and allow it to cool then a medium heat.

i did my engine in satin black engine enamel and its come out really nice, cant put that in the oven though so i started the bike let her get hot enough to start the fan then turned it off, if your brakes are getting hot enough to worry about using htp would there be something wrong? my brakes have only ever got that hot on an old mini that had drum brakes all round, did give me a few giggles though, was an episode where every one got a bit concerned after i'd turned up at work and the front brakes had caught fire.

Archived