Tubeless Tyre Repair In Leeds/huddersfield

ZXRarrgh

After suffering 2 punctures in a week I now have 2 tyres that have a tiny hole in the centreline, one of which has only done 100 miles. The 2 places I've been to try and get them repaired so far have quoted the newish British Standard on not repairing Z rated radials. Seeing as I had repairs done before and been perfectly good, has anybody used somewhere in Leeds or Huddersfield recently to get this kind of repair done?

Cheers

Can you not plug it yourself & then re-enforce the plug with a patch behind it?

If not try Earnshaws in Huddersfield they are always helpful.

Can you not plug it yourself & then re-enforce the plug with a patch behind it?

If not try Earnshaws in Huddersfield they are always helpful.

Was thinking of that as one of the first tyre is off the rim but I need somewhere that's happy to mount a repaired tyre and I presume that if they're happy to do that they'd probably be happy fixing the tyre saving me a bit of tooing and froing(don't have any mushroom plugs at the mo). Just after the first puncture i happened to have popped into Earnshaws who in general chit chat(I was bellyaching about having to fork out for a new tyre) confirmed that they weren't allowed to repair tyres anymore.

Was thinking of that as one of the first tyre is off the rim but I need somewhere that's happy to mount a repaired tyre and I presume that if they're happy to do that they'd probably be happy fixing the tyre saving me a bit of tooing and froing(don't have any mushroom plugs at the mo). Just after the first puncture i happened to have popped into Earnshaws who in general chit chat(I was bellyaching about having to fork out for a new tyre) confirmed that they weren't allowed to repair tyres anymore.

National tyres or ATS might fit a repaired tyre to a loose rim for a back hander. I once had ATS in Halifax fit some real doggy track tyres for £15.

Leeds bike tyres?

Woosters?

Just tell them if its for race only and take it loose off the bike.

Will

I work in Seacroft and Woosters were the ones I went to who said they couldn't repair but I'll give Sirrells a try, they might sell some me patches at least.

Ta

Just get some bungs off eBay, it'll cost about a tenth if the price as getting a tyre place to do it and you can get to do many many more after.

Archived