The Good Old Cct Issue...

madmike

The past couple of weeks I hear a rattle at lower revs from my cam chain as the engine is warming, it went away last week strangely and I didn't hear it once but now it's back, An OEM CCT from David silver is around the £50 mark and I've done alot of reading about the APE manual tensioners but their website only delivers to the US!

Anyone know where I could get one of the APE CCT's?

Or any manual good one?

Cheers.

The past couple of weeks I hear a rattle at lower revs from my cam chain as the engine is warming, it went away last week strangely and I didn't hear it once but now it's back, An OEM CCT from David silver is around the £50 mark and I've done alot of reading about the APE manual tensioners but their website only delivers to the US!

Anyone know where I could get one of the APE CCT's?

Or any manual good one?

Cheers.

Look on Ebay mate..For example...

Ape CCT

:icon_salut:

Do a search on US ebay then mail about shipping it: I got mine, delivery and tax included, for about a tener less than buying from the UK and it took 6 days to arrive. People in the UK are making a lot of money of these tensioners, I'm sure if I was to buy them bulk I could make 100% mark up on them and still undercut many sellers over here. After all, it's essentially just a small CNC'd boss, a bolt and a nut. Also, don't forget, ones with blue anodising will give your bike a bit of GSXR magic, instantly gaining you 5% more power.

Archived