Rf900 Build Problems

nigel.ted

I`ll have to pop up for a cuppa soon and have a look at this project Nige, gotta tax mine first though...... :tacheemoticonwh7:

Hope you and the Ted clan are all good dude, long time no see. Take care mate,

Rob.

I`ll have to pop up for a cuppa soon and have a look at this project Nige, gotta tax mine first though...... :eusa_whistle:

Hope you and the Ted clan are all good dude, long time no see. Take care mate,

Rob.

be good to see ya mate :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was fork seals time today got the bike propped up forks out and over to mates shop

cleans them off felt a bit of a lip on one of the legs.........yep the fookers are bent, :ph34r: not much though

So as i left the bike out on the garden hoping to put the refreshed forks back in later ,i had to come back home refit them to get the bike back into the shed!!!!

Them remove them again so Karen can drop them off to be stripped and sent off to be straightened on tuesday :icon_blackeye:

humph

• 5 months later...

Drags thread from the depths......

Its all but done now all up and running ok just need to fit chainguard(need a lug on the swing arm) and one indicator fitting but not putting it on the road till next year now.

Anyway, one thing that is worrying me is when the bike is ticking over the temp guage doesnt seem to rise above the first mark on the gauge and dont know if the fan cuts in. This i want to check for obvious reasons.

Now the only thing different on it was the sender for the gauge was broke and was replaced with one out of a 600srad motor. I have checked the fan works and the temp gauge works when you earth the feed wire. Also run the bike with the cap off and coolant is flowing round but would the thermostat, if it was stuck affect the readings to the fan and gauge?

All the senders and thermostat are in one housing near the rad.

Dont like leaving the bike ticking over waiting for the fan to cut in just in case it doesnt, it gets very hot and up to now has not cut in.

Any help/ideas

Nigel

I an confirm that the temps are the same on a srad as that. It might not be a bad idea to try and get some part numbers for the 2 sensors, see if they're the same part. If it's just on the side stand waiting for the fan to kick in it takes fucking ages, especially if the pilot circuit's a wee bit rich as this tends to keep the engine a bit cooler. When I had the VFR without the mapped power commander and all the funky exhaust etc it was very lean and used to warm up in about 5 mins sat on the stand. I got a pukka map done and it took about 15 minutes, plus ran about 10deg cooler on the road too.

Archived