R1 Front Subframe Question

smobytoe

is the 4xv front subframe(headlight and clock bracket) the same as the 5jj one? one of the last things i need to do to get the bike back on the road.

Useful website

Just had quick look on the above site, it doesn't have every brand, or even every bike for the brands listed, but worth a nose.

This is what I came up with using the above- it is listed under the 'Cowling 1' section having selected model year you're after.

4xv- 4XV2835600

5jj- 5JJ2835601

1 digit difference in the part number. Looks similar on diagrams.

is the 4xv front subframe(headlight and clock bracket) the same as the 5jj one? one of the last things i need to do to get the bike back on the road.

No, they are not the same.

where they mount to the headstock and mirrors is the same, but the mounting holes for the clocks are different.

A word of warning, be careful if buying a front subframe off ebay, as many sellers think the 4XV and 5JJ front subframes are interchangeable, and so they are commonly not listed correctly.

check with your existing front subframe to see which side the hole is for the wiring that goes into the back of the instruments. On the 5JJ clocks/subframe the hole is on the other side.

also note that the front loom for the 4XV and 5JJ models is not interchangeable.

hope that helps.

perfect. thanks for the info lads. i have a race subframe on just now but i like having mirrors. i still have the original wiring so that is not really a problem. on ebay just now there is not much choice for me unfortunately. thanks again boys! :eusa_wall:

Archived