Vfr Exhaust

Mahatma

Hi.I'm wondering if it's possible to mount a complete exhaust with pipes and everything from a '89 model viffer to an '86 model without major recontstruction.Know they are different,but I was thinking that maybe with abit bending they might fit,or are they totally different located so one need to either cut or extend tubes,or the pipes are different sizes...

Thanks in advance:)

dont think that they changed shape or routing till the single sider came out so as long as its one from a normal swing arm bike it will fit.

The thing is:'89 model doesn't have singlesided swingarm,but the exhaust I'm looking at says '89-'93 model,and I know that atleast the 93 model has singlesided swingarm.Maybe just buy it,and take the penalty if it doesn't work... Oh well,it is only about 300£,so maybe I just have to take the chance.Thanks for reply though:)

93 was single sided you might have problems.

The single sided ones started in 89 and the exhausts seem the same on my 96 as they are on my 91. The engine is the same in all models as far as I know, so you might be able to get away with finding/making a new link pipe and keeping the rest as long as the collector box doesn't foul anything.

Never had the double sided swinger version though.

• 2 months later...

Hi.Want to run this by you lot here:Would a vfr 750 singlesided swingarm fit in an'86 chassis?

Reaching for straws,I know,but any info would be appreciated:)

dunno but a 954 blade one will if your brave enough to take a grinder to it.

edited cos my fingers can't/won't spell what my brain is telling them to spell

Archived