Sp-2 Suspension Settings.

trumpetman21

After running the SP-2 for 12 months have returned the settings to standard and wondered if anyone had some decent or worthwhile settings for it? It feels OK at the standard settings but as with most things in life there's probably room for improvement.

The chap who had it before me had the rear preload & compression softer than standard but that was it - everything else was as per book.

If it helps I'm probably 14.5 stone in full kit.

Thanks.

;)

Having a set up session with some one like MCT, Kais, Maxton et al will be some of the best money you'll ever spend and wont cost the earth.

Agree with millerich. You're fortunate to have Kais Performance on your doorstep so I'd definitely pop in and see what they can do for you.

I think the best thing for you to try first before spending more money is to get the sag set up as best you can so the springs are working for your weight, make sure you're wearing all your kit when making any adjustments. once your happy with the sag, set the damping to the standard settings and work slowly from there, get out on to the roads armed with a screwdriver for twiddling the clickers, then just try and get a feel for how the bike is behaving. if its wallowing around try a bit more rebound, if its harsh and kicking off small rough patches try a bit less compression damping. you'll soon get a feeling for how different adjustments make the bike respond, and make sure your tyre pressures are bob on too, hth :angry:

I know the suspenders were changed on the sp2 from the sp1 so not entirely sure if this applies,but in my own experience of my sp1 (owned it 10 years, on its second frame, second engine, bit of a "Triggers broom") the best single improvement was made by revalving the front forks, actually just the compression stack, its easy and relatively cheap to do but made more of an improvement than Hyperpro rear shock, moriwaki rear link, hyperpro fork springs although all the above made an appreciable difference.

Archived