Zzr 1200 Rear Shock

Liamo

Howdy folks,

The rear shock on my 2004 ZZR 1200 has seen better days, almost 28000k miles of hard use, and its well past its best. Its grand for the pootle into work but noticibly shit on spins. Add to this the fact that I'm doing a 2 up with luggage trip in August means I need something better.

I had a quick gander on Hagons site, they've 2 options, one at 300 quid and one with a spanky remote adjuster but that almost half the price again, 424 of your Queens pounds.

The 300 quid option sounds reasonable enough, but is there any similar companies offering similar shocks? maxtons website isnt great, nor K-techs (not for road stuff anyway) I havnt dared to look at the price of a sext Ohlins unit, I dont think the budget would stretch ...

Please enlighten folks :eusa_whistle:

Have a look at Wilbers. Not as good price wise as they were a couple of years ago since the pound weakened against the euro but they are up there with Ohlins in terms of quality without the Ohlins price tag. Got one on the VFR and Dad has one on his Pan. Transformed both of them.

Have a look at Wilbers. Not as good price wise as they were a couple of years ago since the pound weakened against the euro but they are up there with Ohlins in terms of quality without the Ohlins price tag. Got one on the VFR and Dad has one on his Pan. Transformed both of them.

Just the kind of info I'm looking for, thanks.

I have a hagon on my SV (not with the remote adjuster thingy); its really very good quality in terms of the finish, and offered a massive improvement over my then 40,000 mile old rear shock. Its servicable too, although I'm not sure on the service intervals. You got preolad and a single damping adjuster, which if you twiddle you can actually notice some change in the handling characteristics.

Worth the dosh definatly, but there are probably better units out there. Have you given any though to your fork oil?

Cool, the Hagon one is still topping my list, nice to see that they work well.

The front isnt bad actually, I'll probably do the rear (oh err mister) abd then see if it shows the front up. If it does, a set of Hagon progressive springs will be bought.

I had the R1 shock serviced by Ktech , £85 +vat , fit one of these as well

http://www.k-tech.uk.com/store.php?categor...0&Submit=Go

200 earth pahnds should see you sorted :thumbsup:

I thought about this option, but taking it out of the bike leaves me bikeless for a few weeks, not an option unfortunatly. I think I'd rather spend the 300 quid on the hagon than 200 on a refresh and spring.

Thanks for info guys, keep it coming :thumbsup:

Archived