Lets talk quickshifters....

laney

Id like a quickshifter for my 06 gsxr 1000,to help with trackdays.So the simple question is,what quickshifter do the good people of this forum recomend??

Id like a quickshifter for my 06 gsxr 1000,to help with trackdays.So the simple question is,what quickshifter do the good people of this forum recomend??

If you're fitting it yourself i would go for maybe a translogic. they are a little more expensive but they self learn once initially setup. Mine was perfect on the 10r. if you are going for a cheaper one (dynojet/HM...etc) then do your bikes gearbox a favour and get it set up on a dyno for kill times. probably best to get any quickshifter setup to stop any future problems.

Worth looking at Bazazz too, as you can get the fuel control and traction control unit included for much the same price as an HM QS alone. Not sure if it's the same with the thou as the 750, but on the 750 the HM only cuts out 4 of the 8 injectors meaning there's still some load on the engine, whereas the Bazazz works on all 8.

Thanks for the info people,some food for thought..

Worth looking at Bazazz too, as you can get the fuel control and traction control unit included for much the same price as an HM QS alone. Not sure if it's the same with the thou as the 750, but on the 750 the HM only cuts out 4 of the 8 injectors meaning there's still some load on the engine, whereas the Bazazz works on all 8.

You can get a HM QS Plus for around £370 and that version cuts the spark rather than the fuel so no need for a separate module on the 8 injector Suzuki's.

The full Bazzaz unit is around £750 - + another £100 odd for the handlebar control switch - although the QS is supposed to be very good.

You can get a HM QS Plus for around £370 and that version cuts the spark rather than the fuel so no need for a separate module on the 8 injector Suzuki's.

The full Bazzaz unit is around £750 - + another £100 odd for the handlebar control switch - although the QS is supposed to be very good.

Sorry, husband misquoted me. Should never have listened to him :thumbsup:

Deffo thumbs up for the Bazzaz system. I have it fitted to my bike. Very nice bit of kit. The Q/S on that is silky smooooooth.

If ya just want/need a Q/S on its own, then I have heard good things about the HM one.

I have an HM QS fitted on a Daytona 675.. i love it... when it was first on i noticed a few false activations, the ignition would cut for no apparent reason. Although as i type this i cant remember the last time that happend. Gonna be trying it out on track for the first time tomorow evening

I have a Cordona load cell quickshifter plumbed in to the PC3r(usb). I had it set up by Dynotech in basingstoke and they set the kill time to 65m/s. Al I have to do is mess around with the load threshold at which it cuts the fuelling to change gear. I always know when I go for 7th, it still kills the fuelling but me not go morr fasterer! Very simple and no moving parts to go wrong…seems like it was made for me!

Archived