New battery

oggy411

Need a new battery for one of the old girls and looking at replacing like with like (Yuasa). Been on the bay and elsewhere and I've noticed a large disparity between makes. So, are all batteries much the same or does it actually pay to spend more in the long run. I dont use either bike all year round and the batteries go on Optimates in the winter, however, I dont expect them to realistically last more than a couple of years regardless of how much I spend.

ordinarily I'd have agreed with you (quality costs, right) but I've had a Yuasa on an Optimate all winter and it went back on the bike a couple of days ago, fired the bike up twice and then promptly died on me. I cant blame the optimate either as its been charging batteries for years faultlessly up to now and was charging another battery for another bike which has run all winter without incident. I'm just not over keen about paying the best part of £50 when I can get the same result for a little over half that.

Buy a decent gel battery,and charge it regularly during winter,and it will last you several seasons.Had one that lasted over 6 years doing that,and that was run of the mill one.I relize I was lucky with that one,but abit of maintanance will do wonders.

Archived