GSXR Rev Counter

Callahan

Noticed today when I turned on my ignition the Rev Counter was sitting at around 4k. When it went through thee usual sweep of the tacho when the fuel pump is running it returned to 0 no problem. It's since done this once or twice more. Is this an error message of some sort?

Noticed today when I turned on my ignition the Rev Counter was sitting at around 4k. When it went through thee usual sweep of the tacho when the fuel pump is running it returned to 0 no problem. It's since done this once or twice more. Is this an error message of some sort?

Sounds like an error message alright, I know Yamaha R1's do something similar to indicate errors.

have you checked the manual?

Sounds like an error message alright, I know Yamaha R1's do something similar to indicate errors.

have you checked the manual?

^this. The codes are probably on the interwebs somewhere too

What year gsxr is it? The later ones just displayed an FI light message if there was any sort of problem, there was no rev counter indicator, IYSWIM.

Archived