Baffled by baffles.

Pugwash

Lookin for help.

Have a- quite fankly - really loud can on the bike.

Here tiz........

hindle.jpg

With the noisy bugger came this quite obviously tack welded together botch job......

baffle1.jpg

baffle2.jpg

Now when I bung it in the noise gets a little more "tinny" but cnat say I really notice any diff.

Anybody know about these thingumy jigs?

Is the db level going down and I cant tell?

Is it a piss poor attempt at a noise killer and I am to be mocked for thinking it so?

If so, what do I need to do to it to make it work at least a bit?

Over to you lot....

Hindle stuff is great, got one of their systems on my GSXR, weighs fuck all :rolleyes:

As for baffles, depending on the dimensions/angle of your tail pipe you could use one from another manufacturer. Have got the spare baffle on the bench for my Fuel cans if you'd like the measurements...

Lookin for help.

Have a- quite fankly - really loud can on the bike.

Aye yer no kiddin, my ears have only just stopped bleeding. Not a fan of stupid loud cans usually, but it suits you sir

Have got the spare baffle on the bench for my Fuel cans if you'd like the measurements...

Cheers man but going to get this botched one checked out first. It's changing the sound for sure. Just not convinced it's below 106db.

Aye yer no kiddin, my ears have only just stopped bleeding. Not a fan of stupid loud cans usually, but it suits you sir

Goes with my stupid loud voice.

A bit much sometimes tho and fearing for it's track suitability.

Cheers man but going to get this botched one checked out first. It's changing the sound for sure. Just not convinced it's below 106db.

Goes with my stupid loud voice.

A bit much sometimes tho and fearing for it's track suitability.

Ther was no noise testing at Anglesey last year. I put ona my cheap carbon one that had next to no baffling in it ( didn't want to spank the standard one if I came off) and nobody batted an eyelid.

If it's anglesey you're thinking of, read all of the above posts relating to anglesey. Your bike could be propelled by sound alone and you'd still be OK.

If it's anglesey you're thinking of, read all of the above posts relating to anglesey. Your bike could be propelled by sound alone and you'd still be OK.

You must have coe across my old SV650 at some point then. I got a rectification notice for it :eusa_think:

Archived