best of british, mmmm

nivag1066

i see the new speed triple ltd edition will accelarate from tickover to redline no probs.. i have a 2007 stunning green speed triple which upto 11 months old never missed a beat. But then every time i rode anywhere and stopped, once restarted a slightly warm engine it developed a sort of misfire at low revs 2-3000 revs. At its worst it backfired cough spluttered and stalled, thank fuck roads were quiet. i,ve taken it to various dealerships due to local one closing, its had new plugs at 12 month service and they sold me some fuel treatment as plugs made no differance. which this cleared it for a while. Then elsewhere i had mapping supposedly checked so many times i cant remember then had coils changed. still its got this fucking irritating misfire when warmed up. its fine from cold engine. Spoke to triumph tech people, which informed me of a new local dealership opening and to take it there. So i did, in return they told me the bike is all working within its parameters ans some shite about two differant fuel/air sensors not been able to work together if i ride like a twat. Then gave me a £120 bill and told me to ride properly. Ive got a bad habit of slowing down to near on tickover and giving it a big fistfull which once engine is warm coughs and splutters till it crawls above 3000 revs, then its off like fuck!! Do you lot have any knowledge on my problem. im now at a point that i dislike the bike i dream't of owning. i know i can always slip the clutch and rev the bollocks of it, is this the way forward!!!!

trouble with that is keeping a low profile and licence, but then the low level arrow can does sound awesome!! which its run on since new. sorry to go on so much but im a little peed off the first 11 months were great where did it all go wrong.

best of british, mmmmmy arse!

Don't know what's wrong in your particular case but I've had my old speed triple from 97 and the build q was good , bought a 06 675 and it was a complete piece of c*ap which eventually cost me an engine rebuild do yourself a favour and get shot it ain't worth the hassle I've traded mine for ZRX which i get to ride without the hassle , Triumph are re-enterering a phase they should know from history isn't goodplace to go .

Hello mate,

It sounds like it may be a fueling issue to me. You mention that the fault only occours on restart, does it clear at all or just play up all the time?

There are lots of settings and parrameters to look at so some faults may be missed easily. The first things that spring to my mind are;

Trapped vac hose from throttle bodies to MAP sensor. easy to trap behind the airbox etc.

Dislodged vac hose from t piece behind throttle bodies , again easy to trap, catch etc

poss a faulty coolant temp sensor which is causing the bike to over fuel on restart, (unlikly TBH)

The bike is not adapted properly ( the dealers should have checked this)

Apart from the arrow system have you made any other mods?

To be perfectly honest mate this is very rare, and to my experience the keihin fuel injection system on new speed trips is excellent and rarely gives any grief. Its a great bike to own, you just need to get yours sorted out!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello mate,

It sounds like it may be a fueling issue to me. You mention that the fault only occours on restart, does it clear at all or just play up all the time?

There are lots of settings and parrameters to look at so some faults may be missed easily. The first things that spring to my mind are;

Trapped vac hose from throttle bodies to MAP sensor. easy to trap behind the airbox etc.

Dislodged vac hose from t piece behind throttle bodies , again easy to trap, catch etc

poss a faulty coolant temp sensor which is causing the bike to over fuel on restart, (unlikly TBH)

The bike is not adapted properly ( the dealers should have checked this)

Apart from the arrow system have you made any other mods?

To be perfectly honest mate this is very rare, and to my experience the keihin fuel injection system on new speed trips is excellent and rarely gives any grief. Its a great bike to own, you just need to get yours sorted out!

triumphben: thanks for your reply to my prob. tried contacting you b 4 xmas but got told you were on holiday till into new year hope youve had an enjoyable festive season. i'll try and call you in new year on number you left. i live near bradford west yorkshire but don't mind bobbing down if you could look at bike and check obvious bits or whatever. the bike has only got low level arrow system no other mods apart from datatool alarm both fitted from new.like i mentioned previous it had change of plugs an later had coils changed both with no success. only other thing was starter clutch thingy disintegrated which team roberts replaced under warrenty but it ran fine after that, only other mods are cosmetic. it needs sorting or its going! hopefully speak to you shortly. cheers and all the best for year coming and sorting out triumph's , thanks again and catch you early in new year........

triumphben: thanks for your reply to my prob. tried contacting you b 4 xmas but got told you were on holiday till into new year hope youve had an enjoyable festive season. i'll try and call you in new year on number you left. i live near bradford west yorkshire but don't mind bobbing down if you could look at bike and check obvious bits or whatever. the bike has only got low level arrow system no other mods apart from datatool alarm both fitted from new.like i mentioned previous it had change of plugs an later had coils changed both with no success. only other thing was starter clutch thingy disintegrated which team roberts replaced under warrenty but it ran fine after that, only other mods are cosmetic. it needs sorting or its going! hopefully speak to you shortly. cheers and all the best for year coming and sorting out triumph's , thanks again and catch you early in new year........

No worries mate , Im back at work on tuesday 6th jan so give us a ring and well have a chat about getting your bike to us. I could do with looking at the bike from cold to be honest mate, which will mean leaving the bike with us, this also gives us a better chance of curing it too. We can offer loan bikes subject to some basic reqirements.

All the best for the new year mate, and lets hope we can sort your bike for you!

Archived