Ohlins steering dampers and their interchangeability

Inbred

I am looking to fit an Ohlins Steering Damper to my K7 750. (I haven't decided why yet)

Ohlins advise the part No as SD030 but that may be the one where the mounting bracket is part of the unit rather than seperate part.

I have also been told that an SD001 and a Harris mounting kit is a good way to go.

However, these don't seem to be appearing on evilbay but SD121s are being advertised as being fitted to K6/K7 600 and 750's.

I have made the presumption that the main bodies are SD001 and it is the brackets that turn them into SD121s.

Can anyone advise?

Download the steering damper tech sheet (in PDF format) from the Ohlins web site. It's the same document regardless of which steering damper you get but on the first few pages, (page 4) - detail the steering damper code number and maximum stroke.

I found this out when trying to find out if my 5VY R1 steering damper would fit my S1000RR but the length of stroke needed is short.

---> Link to the PDF here <---

*Edit now with link to the PDF above.

harris make (or made, worth looking/asking) a bracket to fit sd121 to suzuki oem position. had one on my K5 1000 and K7 750 there.

Archived