Ninja 250 tyre conundrum

mossylucky7

Hi All,

I have a 2009 kawasaki Ninja 250r and I have changed my tyres twice now (15000 miles since November 2009!)

IRC Road Winner tyres were the OE tyres and I have had 2 sets of Bridgestone BT45s but I just want a radial tyre really preferably dual compound as the BT45 isnt actually rated to the speed the ninja goes to!?.

The problem really is the rear tyre which is the odd size of 130/70/17. The front isnt so awkward as its a 110/70/17.

Basically just after some ideas on what tyres anyone can recommend that come in these sizes or if anyone has any experience on using oversize tyres as in if a 140/70/17 would be ok on this bike?

The only other tyres that I know of that would fit it are the Avon Road Riders, obviously the BT45s, Pilot sporty (same as on the yzf r125 I think!) and I think thats it that I know of!

I do mainly commuting but there are some nice twisties to and from where I work so I wouldnt mind something like to dunlop sport smart or michelin pilot road 2 etc that are long lived but have plenty of wet and dry grip.

Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks in advance!

Ummmm... Didn't you ask a similar question a while back in the 'Tyres' section? (It has the same title and OP, but I can't be arsed to go through the posts there to see of its precisely the same question and/or if the answer you're looking for is there...)

oops my bad, Thought I had posted that on different forum! by the date it looks like it was the last time I replaced my tyres!

Moderators, can you please delete this thread please? May as well since its a duplicate.

Cheers!

Archived