This'll test you.

Kawasakifreak

This has happened every day for 3 weeks & gradually got worse...................

It starts from cold straight away but needs the choke juggling for 30 seconds to keep it running - then it idles normally with no choke.

After five miles it's up to normal temperature & then begins to stutter at lower revs & then stalls whenever the bike's revs drop below about 2000 rpm.

The engine will turn over rapidly bit not start !?

The routine to start it is :

ignition off

pretend to push start it

ignition on again fires up straight away.........then stalls again.

Repeat the above but then rev the nuts off it until the next set of lights/junction/etc.

Spark plugs look ok.

Compression is 110/120 psi left/right (standard 175 psi).

Valve clearances ok.

My guess is coils breaking down or internal cylinder head gasket leak ?

Anyone have any other ideas pls ?

Has it gota vacuum operated fuel tap? It could be a split in the line to it, some taps have a prime position so that you can bypass this.

Carb float heights, fuel tap, fuel pump (if it's got one), blocked/kinked carb breathers?

Symptoms could be that it's running on the fuel that's in the float bowls and the float bowls aren't refilling quickly enough then it will die until the bowls refill....

This ^^^^

will it continue running if you "remember" to keep the revs up, when you have started it from cold? If so I would suspect the choke assy, could be partially/full on, so it drowns the bike when warm.

But, it sounds like it's fuel/air related, not coils or other ignition failures

Ronni

I say that your first port of call would be to strip the carbs and make sure that everything is as it should be, choke's releasing properly, no grot in the float bowls and they're both sync'd nicely. While the carbs are off you can also inspect the hoses for kinks and splits, check that the fuel tap flows enough, no clogged filters etc.

Archived