new lathe

guzzisti57

Delivered tuesday, I now have a bit of a bad back from getting it on the bench ....

P1000624.jpg

works well though and I'm happy with it :eusa_whistle:

The plan is to machine headstocks for frames that I'm going to weld up

I've been using a minilathe up to now, excellent bit of kit but the new one has a bit more power\

If you look in the first pic the mini lathe is the grey and white thing to the right of the green Warco, that shows the difference in scale

Grrrrr, you are officially off my Xmas card list :icon_blackeye:

Warco are next door to a client of mine down Chiddingfold way. Even if I've got absolutely no pennies anywhere, I just can't bring myself to go in for a look. I know what'll end up happening.

Nice. Is that a milling machine to its left aswell?

It is, but only a little one, too small really for bike related work

next on the list: bigger mill :thumbsup:

Obviously this is a lot down to the user but what sort of accuracy/repeatability are you able to get with that?

Im looking to suggest a similar sized lathe for a mate, cos hes got even less idea than i do :icon_blackeye:

Obviously this is a lot down to the user but what sort of accuracy/repeatability are you able to get with that?

Im looking to suggest a similar sized lathe for a mate, cos hes got even less idea than i do :icon_pale:

It's 99% down to the user dude, most chinese rebranded lathes are good enough for the amateur if set up right in the first place but you get what you pay for. Set up right you'll get acceptable accuracy and repeatability if you know what you're doing.

Archived