Braided hose woes.

alexp5

I think it's time to replace the hoses on the Fazer.

Despite been anal about brake fettling and cleanliness, and perversely enjoying the act of bleeding ones brakes, they're not as 'urgent' as they used to be.

My last two 'Blades had Goodridge fitted by previous owners but I'm liking the HEL offering - especially as they are available with coloured stainless steel fittings. By 'coloured' I mean black - no anodised puyple tat thanks :eusa_whistle:

I have no past experience of the HEL lines so feel free to big them up, slate them, recommend me some alternatives.

I've had HEL ones on my previous Fazer and also now on the R1.

Both sets have been completely trouble-free over the years. They were cheaper than Goodridge ones at the time.

Recommended.

I'd recommend them just purely on their customer service. Really good people to deal with.

Ive always been a HEL man but recently tried Venhill hoses instead.

Nothing wrong with HEL but the Venhill hoses with their swivel banjos etc means you never get any kinking. Awesome quality aswell.

I'll be sticking with Venhill from now on.

Andy

Nothing wrong with HEL but the Venhill hoses with their swivel banjos etc means you never get any kinking.

You can correct the angle that the banjo sits at to resolve the kinking on a swaged fitting.

Hold the hose in a vice with false jaws, put a bar through the banjo hole and turn. Be careful and smooth.

I've used HEL a good few times, they are fine once tweaked and fitted. A small warning, if you are using rearsets and want a longer rear brake hose, make sure you tell HEL what length you want - the rear hose on the steelie is miles too long, because I believed HEL when they said "that's OK mate, we've done loads of those, we know how long they need to be."

I put HEL on my Blade. £67 for all three with fittings. In black of course. Then paid £50 to get them fitted.

Improved things no end. Buy 'em.

I put HEL on my Blade. £67 for all three with fittings.

Where from? Its usually about £55 + £25 for all three on the sites I've been looking at

Hel are the best IMO.

Careful of the hoses you make up your self, they are not liked by scrutineerss at the tracks. I'd always buy from hel direct

There are a few guys on Ebay doing sets of HEL lines complete with banjos and crush washers for most popular bikes.

They are excellent value and some are even on make an offer as opposed to buy it now.

I've used HEL lines onevery bike I have changed lines on and never had a problem. Well worth it.

A

Where from? Its usually about £55 + £25 for all three on the sites I've been looking at

Wemoto had a special on. 10% off I think. Shouldn't be much more now.

Archived