Stripping paint off Rad's

YZ faybo

Morning all

Has any body have any experiance of removing the blk paint one often finds on stock rads. Was thinking of using nitromorse but wasnt sure if it would damage all the little fins.

Any help/tips would be appriciated.

Morning all

Has any body have any experiance of removing the blk paint one often finds on stock rads. Was thinking of using nitromorse but wasnt sure if it would damage all the little fins.

Any help/tips would be appriciated.

Yep, I did this to my ZXR rad when I was restoring it. It's had layers of gold then blue, then black then silver paint.

I just used Homebase paintstripper, a small scraper and took lots and lots of time.

Cool, were you able to get it out from the little fins or ends only? wasnt sure if I could get it out from the fins by hosing it off without bending them over.

Yep, I did this to my ZXR rad when I was restoring it. It's had layers of gold then blue, then black then silver paint.

I just used Homebase paintstripper, a small scraper and took lots and lots of time.

assuming the rad is in good nick then the fins will still be pretty strong. you can use a tooth brush and as long as to scrub along the 'grain' of the fins you should be ok. let the nitromors do all the work tho. i can see this taking ages....

if however the rad is in poor condition then the fins will just collapse as they could be rotten.

Archived