polishing clay?? Bodywork clay?

zx6rrob

Come on then cleaning geeks. Explain.

Do you just use them the once, then give it a good wax or are they a regular use thing?

:eusa_think:

clay is used to get everything off the paint that the shampoo doesnt. so it will remove the last traces of the bugs/overspray/tar spots, that kind of thing, and it will also pull off any wax left over from previous polishes. you can feel it dragging the crap off the paint, it does scratch a very tiny bit, but its actually the deposits youve picked up embedded in the clay that scratch, so you keep folding/kneeding it to keep it clean, and if you drop it on the floor just bin it.

then when you go over the paint with your favourute wax, you are waxing the paint rather than over the dirt. and the wax hides the tiny scratches like it should.

some have said that model clay is the same, but its not, it just makes a right mess as its water soluble and goes everywhere.

i would say its a yearly/twice yearly thing. i do it when i give the bike a really good clean. as in engine out clean. :eusa_think: massively time consuming to do properly, but worth it if your paint is good.

clay is used to get everything off the paint that the shampoo doesnt. so it will remove the last traces of the bugs/overspray/tar spots, that kind of thing, and it will also pull off any wax left over from previous polishes. you can feel it dragging the crap off the paint, it does scratch a very tiny bit, but its actually the deposits youve picked up embedded in the clay that scratch, so you keep folding/kneeding it to keep it clean, and if you drop it on the floor just bin it.

then when you go over the paint with your favourute wax, you are waxing the paint rather than over the dirt. and the wax hides the tiny scratches like it should.

some have said that model clay is the same, but its not, it just makes a right mess as its water soluble and goes everywhere.

i would say its a yearly/twice yearly thing. i do it when i give the bike a really good clean. as in engine out clean. :thumbsup: massively time consuming to do properly, but worth it if your paint is good.

Nice one dude, so where and what brand do I get?

Blu-Tac.

Seriously.

It works.

I thought it was a pisstake, but a mate of mine uses it. He was using clay and heard about using Blu-Tac so tried it, and it worked. Google it.

I tried it with blutac and ended up with posters from smash hits stuck all over my car...

peanut butter polishes the black plastic up a treat but dont use chunky

Cool. I have some, but the reduced fat variety. Will this still work?

Mmm... peanutty Fazers :eusa_think:

Nice one dude, so where and what brand do I get?

I have a bar that came with a kit I got once still in its wrapper. you can have it if you want to try it. its This one

Just cover postage and its yours.

Cool. I have some, but the reduced fat variety. Will this still work?

Mmm... peanutty Fazers :beerchug:

I prefer the original one, they went too far when they tried peanuts. The choc orange one was ok though.

I have a bar that came with a kit I got once still in its wrapper. you can have it if you want to try it. its This one

Just cover postage and its yours.

Cheers dude!!

1 vote for Meguiars clay bar and whatever juice the recommend as a libricant, used it on my car and the difference in the way the paint felt (yes, from sandpapery to glassy in one go) was enough to turn me into some sort of neat freak.

1 vote for Meguiars clay bar and whatever juice the recommend as a libricant, used it on my car and the difference in the way the paint felt (yes, from sandpapery to glassy in one go) was enough to turn me into some sort of neat freak.

Never seen this before but....

Archived