Exhaust paste?

j0hnny

when fitting a de-cat or new pipes, do you need to use some sort of sealant, to get everything airtight, if so...what stuff is needed, product names etc? many thanks,

Almost anything that you squeeze from a tube, as opposed to scoop out of a tub, as long as it's nice and fine, the one I used last was/is called something like 'Bosal' it's German... so it must be good.. :P

You shouldn't need it on a bike exhaust, you fit it together and either use a clamp or spring to hold it then it should be gas tight.

On car exhausts you'll need a joint paste like hermetite exhaust assembly paste

A top tip from a Top Bodger.... Use clear silcon sealent from Focus or any DIY shop!!

It's cheap and you just wipe the squeezed out excess off and leave for a while and jobs jobbed and all for less than £3!!

Then put some cling film over between the tube and nozzle and it'll stay fresh :thumbsup:

I've been doing this for at least 15yrs and never had any probs!!

No need for thanks just deposit £100 into my paypal as a 'Gift' :icon_salut:

Like jollygiant says silicone is pretty good at this sort of thing. If you're desperate to spend some cash then you can get High Temperature RTV Silicone from Permatex but it's horrible black, gloopy stuff and cheap it is not!

think that bosal is an exhaust manufacturer so if they produce an exhaust paste then if their exhausts are good then i guess the paste should be too. the wurth range is good to and as said steer clear of anything you have to apply from a tub as its guarenteed to go everywhere except where you want it to be.

Heat resisting silicon is red - or at least the stuff I got was. But stick to the Hermetite stuff it's called exhaust jointing compound .... there's probably a reason for it

Archived