bike fell over

Yoshi

My R1 ''Fell Over'' it now wont start. You depress the starter button and just get a clicking sound from the seat area???????, bettery was fully charged (but is not at the moment). Is it the starter solenoid?????, it fell on the right hand side....hmmm

its a 2001 r1

thanks

My R1 ''Fell Over'' it now wont start. You depress the starter button and just get a clicking sound from the seat area???????, bettery was fully charged (but is not at the moment). Is it the starter solenoid?????, it fell on the right hand side....hmmm

its a 2001 r1

thanks

'falling over' shouldn't have anything to do with it not starting. unless the kill switch has been knocked

try again with a fully charged battery and see how you get on

Not too sure on the ins and outs of newer yamahahas but on suzukis of the same age (and newer as far as I know) there's a tilt sensor located under the tail unit which detects if the bike's been dropped and kills the engine to stop it pirouetting round on the road. They can sometimes stick in the "dropped" position causing the bike not to start. They're easy enough to bypass and check if that is the cause.

It will have a tilt sensor that kills the fuel supply(I think)in the event of a crash.not sure on the location on an r1 mind?normally a small thing that kinda looks like a relay-bet it's sticking

dont suppose its got a fuel cut off?

yes there is a fuel cut off, but that is linked to the kill switch, which isolates the fuel pump and the ignition coils.

if there's a clicking from under the seat then either the battery is flat and/or there is a problem with a relay.

the starter circuit links the neutral switch to the clutch switch and the side stand switch, so the bike won't start if it is not in neutral, unless the stand is up and the clutch lever is pulled in.

check the kill switch isn't on, make sure the bike's in neutral [don't just rely on the neutral light] and try with a fully charged battery

Archived