Forks, came back from garage, don't look right

pieman

bike came back from garage and I checked settings as i knew they had the forks apart. screw adjusters at top of forks, one was 2turns out, the other was 1 and they don't both protrude the same amount despite setting them the same half turn out that I had on it originally. They fudged them? damping rod not in properly?

Probably screwed the fork caps on different amounts.

When the caps are removed there's a large nut underneath that needs to be unscrewed-there's alot of thread and it's easy to screw them on different amounts which affects the damping rod adjuster.I would wind the adjuster fully in then see how many turns they can unwind and see if they differ-then take it back and let them know-sloppy workmanship

I had the fork bottoms repainted, I'm assuming they would take them apart to do this. I think the yts boy must have done this job then the Gaffer is too busy to check it. The rear shock was a used one that I just put on there to replace my 40k old one and when I cleaned it and put it on I wound the adjusters in so they'd remember it hadn't been done. Came back all wound in still. Very unhappy as til now I've had great service, but he's a victim of his own success and the work's starting to get a little shoddy. I'm sure he'll sort it.

thanks for the replies.

Simon

Archived