The BMW S1000R on 132 pages of JAN 2011 Issue

jamesthehondaman

As these bikes are quite 'technical' in the electrical dept, was the fueling modified for the system??? Were the twin O2 sensors still connected??? Did the standard ECU cope with the change???

Related Question.

Can I fit micron open slip-on's and Akra cat replacement pipe to my 08 R1 and leave the O2 connector in place and have 'reasonably smooth fueling (and get a midrange boost) without going to the n'th degree and fitting a power commander???

Ta.

was just thinking something similar, I've got a k8 1000, I've put twin arrows on but haven't removed the cat yet, so far it runs sweet as a nut, but I keep thinking if I take off the cat the fueling will go crazy without a pc, but I did read once that the ecu will "recalibrate" to a certain extent

From what I've read in the mag you should be able to mod the pipes and the ECU will run the bike and recalculate with what it's got. A power comander will overide some parts of the ecu's "fixed" programe and impose it's own which can be a downloaded map from a website or have it tweaked using a dyno for a custom map.

Dyno Jet make Power Commander and there are other makes out there although PC is now a generic term.

Light wheels seem to make more sense :icon_blackeye:

Archived