Pic request: riveted Chain

xjrsommsi

hello dudes,

i´d need a detail pic of a proper riveted chain link...not sure if mine´s correct. doesn´t look actually like the picture on the rear of some pb-mags (tsubaki, as mine)- i mean i have a round head on the soft-link after pressing, but no "groove", dimpl, which would stop the plate from sliding out...?

cheers,

fred

No pictures here I'm afraid, but as long at the head of the pin has been peened over a bit the plate is not coming off. It's always tempting to give it a bit too much 'to be on the safe side', and end up with a stiff link!

How about posting a pic of what you've got so far?

20ie32d.jpg

2it26x1.jpg

Tanks Greg 77....that´s what I was looking for- mine look the same, so i guess no issues with a "coming off" chain. I just was worried about not having a "edge respectively a flash" after making the round head ("mushroom") on the soft link.

Worries sorted.....thanks dudes!!

brgds

fred

When I use a hollow end joining link, I measure the link before "rivitting" it using a digital caliper and then measure it afterwards.

When I use a hollow end joining link, I measure the link before "rivitting" it using a digital caliper and then measure it afterwards.

As above, it doesn't take much to keep it on, and it's very easy to end up with it too tight.

How much size reduction do you aim for?

Archived