Abs light

RussBlade

send

bikemike a PM.

Seems a helpful chap!

the dealer plug in gizmo might give you a fault code which when he looks in his book should be able to spread the light.. (for a small fee..)

Who then resets the code, which returns 5 miles down the road..

Not sure if its the same on Mazda's but on a few cars I've had the problem always seemed to be the ABS sensors (normally one on each corner!)

or the little "castelled" ring normally on or part of the hub, think they are called "Reluctor Rings" and the problem is they corrode or the "little sticky up bits" break off or crack - then the sensor gets confused if it is not getting a regular signal from each wheel and the ECU throws up a fault.

I just realised I have used the words Ring and broken together with crack in the same paragraph . . . . .

. . . . . cue the now mandatory back door references.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Just done a little more digging on this for you, if your 626 has an ECU connector under the pull out panel under the steering wheel (near the headlight switch) chances are it may be what is called OBD2 compliant, if it is pretty much any generic code reader will read the faults off the ECU. (if the connector is on or near the passenger front suspension strut under the bonnet it is NOT OBD2)

If your like most blokes and enjoy buying tools it may be worth getting one off the bay just to satisfy your own curiosity and help you fix whatever else breaks in the future!

this may help you to know what to look for:

http://www.obdii.com/connector.html

Archived