stompgrip?????

smobytoe

stompgrip dont make a specific pad for the older r1's(mines a 5jj) so i just wondered what folk were using? what model pad will fit properly? cheers

We sell alot of stompgrips at work.

99% of people with the earlier shape R1's go for the Universal Sportsbike set. Code 55-10001 off the top of my head (god that's sad).

They are a good fit anyway on the R1, but also give you the most material to play with should you want to trim/fine tune a little.

Hope this helps

Have a look at what bikes they do support and then compare your tank to those: I've got a K1 gsxr grip on my srad and it's a nigh on perfect fit.

Are they really any benefit ? I've only ever tried one bike with them fitted and I felt like id been velcro'd to the fucking tank.

In a word, horrible.

Are they really any benefit ? I've only ever tried one bike with them fitted and I felt like id been velcro'd to the fucking tank.

I've no idea if they'll be any benefit to me. I'll try them and if I don't like them they'll get binned but if they help me so much the better.

Wierdly, I prefer it in my jeans but I'm not so sure in my leathers, it's a bit too grippy and stops me moving about a bit.

I put some on my 00 r1, and found them great on track

I used universal sheet and it worked quite well, though the finish wasn't great cosmetically due to the way it cuts. Also, I cut mine too short, and they gripped my knees great while hanging off, but didn't come far forward enough to grip my knees while braking - learn from my fail

Wierdly, I prefer it in my jeans but I'm not so sure in my leathers, it's a bit too grippy and stops me moving about a bit.

Still talking Stompgrip here my tall friend? :tacheemoticonwh7:

I've got stompgrips fitted to my 4xv tank. I'm extremely impressed with them. Riding a bike without them feels weird!

I used the 'universal' set and cut them to suit, and they're fine. I used a piece on the tank infill panel too

IMG00073-20110103-0947.jpg

Just take your time when fitting. I found it easier to remove the tank and do the job on top of a workmate. A hairdryer was very helpful

The trackday bodywork that's on the bike is getting a bit tired so I've sourced a new set including a tank to suit - I was told that the Ducati 749/999 set fits really well so I have bought a set to try on the new tank. Haven't fitted it yet though so I can't vouch for this!

Thread Hijack alert!!!!!!

Anyone got any tips for re-applying Stompgrips? took them off the race bike to paint it, removed all of the old adhesive but not sure what to try use to stick them back on with? And yes i know they're only €25 or the equivalent but that's a more than a quarter of the price of my first race and id rather not spend it if i dont really have to!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update, i got my stompgrips stuck back on, used 2 part epoxy resin to do it, wouldnt recommend it for a road bike as it a bit messy!

Archived