Yamaha R1 4XV exup cable adjustment.

zx6rrob

Monkey! I`m looking at you. Or any other twonk thats done this before....

How much slack is needed in the cable? Any hints or tips? No worries about the cover bolts, had them out about 3 months ago and copperslipped them, unbeleiveably they all came out without a hitch!!! fuck knows.....

I reckon its the valve cables that need adjusting, got a ticking noise coming from that area thats really fucking me off, reckon its the valve flapping about the place.

Not got the manwell in front of me but the 5vy has a similar set up and all you have to do is get it less than 4mm if you move the cable , so long as there is a small amount of slack it'll be ok , pay attention to the nipples in the pulley wheel , if they do not move freely the cables will eventually start fraying , lubricate them with silicone grease as its the only stuff that stands the temperature , If you pull the exup valve out completely you will probably find there is a bit of play in the bush and thats probably where a lot of the noise comes from , pull the valve out of the casing and check the bushes etc , grease it all with silicone grease and bung it together , they all make a bit of noise and its a lot better than it seizing

Cheers dudes, haven`t had a look yet but are the cables adjusted at the valve end or the motor end?

Monkey! I`m looking at you. Or any other twonk thats done this before....

it's nice to be asked but sorry I can't help you on this one.

I only ever adjusted the exup once... and then promptly binned it in favour of a full system.

but from memory, you do want a little bit of slack in the cables, don't do them ultra tight.

The adjusters are at the motor end of the cables so you'll need to remove the petrol tank.

Archived