Multi-plug connectors. Can you get replacements

dfv8

Hello all, can anybody help?

I'm in the process of fettling my TRX850. My problem is that there's a multi-plug connector with about, from memory 16 wires which connects to the starter relay which has some collapsed/corroded sockets. I would've added a pic but it's bloody freezing in the garage.

Can the individual connecting sockets be replaced by unpicking the existing ones, or will I have to replace that part of the loom?

Alternatively, does anybody know of a good vehicle re-wirers in the Hertfordshire area? I'm not too keen on buggering about with the loom as I'm colour-blind!

Alternatively, does anybody know of a good vehicle re-wirers in the Hertfordshire area? I'm not too keen on buggering about with the loom as I'm colour-blind!

I use http://www.tekmotive.co.uk/ all the time. Not specifically re-wirers as such but they'll tackle all things electrical or mechanical.

They're in Welham Green between St Albans and Potters Bar. Proper bastard hard to find place the first time, though.

They've worked on all my bikes and cars for the last 10 years, plus a lot of my mates use them.

Can't recommend them highly enough. Top blokes. Honest and reasonable prices.

The TRX starter relay is the same as the thunder cat one, which I guess is the same as many other Yamahas. So don't look for TRX stuff on egay.

My TDM had also rotted badly in that area, had to replace most of the electrics under the seat with those from the cat, all were direct replacements, sure the TRX is the same.

Archived