Borescopes

spacemonkey

I was looking at a few cheap and cheerful borescopes today. Has anyone tried one? Were they total junk? I was expecting the sellers would provide links to videos that show how great the product is. Unfortunately they are suspiciously absent!

Got access to a snap-on one, Good picture and a handy LED built in above the camera with a controllable level of light.

Never actually used it for checking bores though, the only time it came in seriously usefull was when i was trying to find my escaped snake the first time, looking down all the little holes and found him under the boards in the back room.

Wasn't so lucky the second time, that was a few weeks back. *Gulp*

We`ve got a sealey one at work, to be fair, you don`t use it nor is it as useful as you ever thought it would be.....

We`ve got a sealey one at work, to be fair, you don`t use it nor is it as useful as you ever thought it would be.....

Have you tried buying a want-away snake?

2010052908.jpg

this is a proper olympus bore scope with a load of different attachements. it is very useful when you do need it. you can see the hatch marks on the bore, the state of the valve seats and all sorts. no way i would have paid full rrp for it though!

2010052908.jpg

this is a proper olympus bore scope with a load of different attachements. it is very useful when you do need it. you can see the hatch marks on the bore, the state of the valve seats and all sorts. no way i would have paid full rrp for it though!

Wow! So that's where the missing snake went!

Out of interest, what is the retail price? Just to frighten me!

Archived