OHLINS forks CBR1000RR 05 OPTIONS

fredie

I've been working more hours than i care to mention and really the only remaining thing i'd like to mod is the suspension the bike, granted the brakes could bare the badge brembo and that would be okay too.

anyway, anybody out there have some dimensions on the 06-07 front forks. My next step is to pull the forks bring them to the shop (seacoastcycles in derry, nh, usa) and have the dim'd out to see what i can use.

In conclusion does anybody have the fork dimensions or know what needs to be done to get the universal ohlins R&T fork to fit an 07.

thanks again

HELP HIM OUT FROM usa

alright, per info provided looks like general R&T forks won't work. (will work but won't fit the purpose of mostly looks).

Anybody have spec's on the 08-11 cbr's and if the length or wheel/brake carrier would match up to the 07? I'm sure this won't be a direct fit but would it be closer to 07 then the general forks (looks like the universal fit would have 3" above top tube)

I still have to get back with the shop (8-12 inches of rain and 13 hour work shifts ruined my progress on that front today).

Per my review online i haven't really seen much posted (just they stopped manufacturing that fork). I'd assume most either had the dough to buy the parts when they bought the bike or decided ohlins was just too expensive.

Thanks again

Looks like my dealership found the 08 forks will work. He said they are slightly longer (i'm hoping less than the universal's).

He said i'd need to source some new front caliphers off an 08/09 to make it work.

I provided him my front axle size and the dim from bolt hole center to bolt hole center on the mount for the caliphers. The dimension i go was 87.5 mm.

Anybody tried this before or have any ideas what would need to be changed from the front calipher replacement? I'm thinking this might work.

Thanks again for any imput you guys have.

Archived