What polish?

Hendo

Whats the best way to clean up my titanium exhaust headers?

Autosol?

Don't want them 'gleaming shiny shiny' like stainless, theyve gone a really dull colour from road crud and just want them back to the 'goldy' colour.

Oh and if someone could put a link up for evilchickens?? can repacking method that would be fab.

Cheers,

Andy

When I bought a second hand and very scruffy titanium Micron can off eGhey it needed new seals and a badge. One phone call later with Micron I ended up with new seals, badge and a repacking kit oh, and the best way to clean titanium...

... wire wool, and if you want it shiny(er) use small amounts of autosol or similar, brings it up a treat.

:blink:

BTW I couldn't recommend Microns help any higher, it's a crying shame they went under.

I used to have a full ti akro system on my busa which I removed prior to its sale. I lightly cleaned it with a brass wire brush on an electric drill. This was then followed up with good old mr sheene. It didn't remove the lovely colouring and I never ran it back on the bike as it was only done to make it look good for the pics in the advert. Sold it though and had no complaints.

Spot on, will give the wire wool a go.

Cheers peeps :D

NOTE: Remember, wire wool on anything other than titanium (and possibly stainless steel) will fuck it royally, so try a test area out of sight before going mad ok

Archived