Daytona boots - spring cleaning question

tonk

My absolutely most favourite pair of racing death wellies are looking a bit skanky (Daytona Evo GTX). The leather outer is totally yummy still but there's all sorts of rubble, dandruff, biscuit crumbs and pubes rattling around in the inner.

Problem is the inner booty is fixed in, somewhere near the toe, but I don't know how so if I yuk it out I might not get it back in.

Anyone know how they're attached please?

mine were not the gtx but I did take the inners out and were just held in with a bit of glue. It was a few years ago but I think I got my hand under the heal of the inner while pulling down the back of the outer and waggling the inner it was tough going and do remember giving up my first attempt at it, until a few years later and it did seem to move a little easier and eventually it came apart.

A booty video ... try searching that on the web .... :beerchug:

Mine are an older pair but do the same they didn't have any glue in them. Maybe warm them up a bit to help the separation.

A booty video ... try searching that on the web .... :icon_salut:

Mine are an older pair but do the same they didn't have any glue in them. Maybe warm them up a bit to help the separation.

when my evo basic's were new I tried taking them apart but couldn't and looked into it and found somewhere that they had a bit of glue on them but a few years of use probably killed off the glue (thats if it had glue on but use may have just loosened it anyway)

Archived