Translogic Dash Trigger

Chrisball

When using a translogic dash, what do you use as a trigger for the speed sensor?? I will have it aimed at the rear disc bolts. But will it only trigger off a ferrrous bolt?? Do you use just one ferrous bolt or all six (in my case)??

Cheers

When using a translogic dash, what do you use as a trigger for the speed sensor?? I will have it aimed at the rear disc bolts. But will it only trigger off a ferrrous bolt?? Do you use just one ferrous bolt or all six (in my case)??

Cheers

i have mine reading off of the rear disc bolts. and yes you need to use ferrous bolts. also, you need to make sure that the bolts have flat heads. i had problems with them picking up the domed aprilia bolts, problem went away when i put flat hex head bolts in their place. run all 6 bolts, as the more you use, the more readings it gets, the more accurate the reading

Cheers, mate. So some plated steel flanged hex head bolts are the way to go.

Cheers

thats what i ended up having to use. the sensor is very sensitive, so with domed bolts it was picking up the start of the bolt, seeing the hole in the middle then picking up the second part of the domed bolt which made the speedo reading jump around all over the place

Archived